1. Archibald Wilkinson was born in 1767 in North Carolina Or Scotland, died before Mar 1829 in Troup County, Georgia, and was buried in Troup County, Georgia. Another name for Archibald was Archibald McQuilkin.
Research Notes: This is verified by the Troup County land record which indicates he moved to Troup from Monroe.
Archibald came to Troup County by way of Monroe County, Georgia in 1827. We know this from a land purchase he made at that timefrom Whitfield Sledge, another early Troup pioneer. He paid $250 for202.5 acres in l and lot 257, district 5. This is recorded in Deed Book A. Most likely, Mr. Sledge won this property in the Georgia LandLottery, since all tho se parcels were 202.5 acres in size.
According to Georgia Memoirs' account of the life of his neighbor J. B. Haralson, there were but two families in the western portion of Troup in 1827. The area had only recently been purchased from the Creek Indians.parcel from Whitfield Sledge, Landlot 257, District 5.
Noted events in his life were:
• Census: 1790. Robeson County, North Carolina; Census: Us Federal
• Residence: 1820. Robeson County, North Carolina; Residence: Census Listing
• Land Purchase: 1827. 2 Troup County, Georgia
• Census: Fayetteville, Richmond County, North Carolina; Census: 1800 U S Federal
• Residence: 1827. 2 His residence is shown as Monroe County on the deed registration for property he purchased/Monroe County, Georgia
Archibald married Margarett McArthur,3,4,5 daughter of Peter McArthur and Unknown, on 30 Jul 1814 in Robeson County, North Carolina.4 Margarett was born about 1795 and died after 1840 in Troup County, Georgia.
Noted events in her life were:
• Census: 1840. Long Cane, District 804, Troup County, Georgia; Census: Residence In 1840
• Residence: 1840. 5 Troup, Georgia, United States
Children from this marriage were:
+ 2 M i. Alexander J. Wilkinson was born on 10 Nov 1815 in North Carolina6 and died on 10 Nov 1855 in Tallapoosa County, AL at age 40.
+ 3 M ii. Archibald Alonzo Wilkinson 7,8 was born on 14 Jul 1818 in North Carolina8 and died in Sep 1867 in El Dorado, Union County, Arkansas at age 49.
+ 4 F iii. Mary Ann Wilkinson was born on 6 Sep 1825 in North Carolina, died on 18 Sep 1899 in El Dorado, Union County, Arkansas at age 74, and was buried in Hammond Cemetery, El Dorado.
+ 5 F iv. Rebecca Wilkinson 9 was born on 26 Dec 1824 in North Carolina and died after 1866 in Alabama.
6 M v. Joseph Wilkinson was born on 28 Jul 1827 in Georgia and died in 1833 in Georgia at age 6.
Archibald next married Catherine, daughter of Unknown and Unknown, in 1802. Catherine was born in 1780 and died in 1813 in North Carolina at age 33.
Children from this marriage were:
+ 7 M i. John Wilkinson 10 was born after 1802 in North Carolina and died on 9 Oct 1828 in Chesterville, SC.11
+ 8 M ii. Neal K. Wilkinson 12,13,14 was born on 20 May 1804 in Robeson County, North Carolina,12,14 died on 27 Feb 1865 in Troup County, Georgia at age 60, and was buried in Long Cane Cemetery, Troup County, Georgia.
+ 9 F iii. Jane Ann Wilkinson 15,16 was born in 1803 in North Carolina,15,16 died in 1877 in Washington County, Florida at age 74, and was buried in Cravey Cemetery.
+ 10 F iv. Margaret Wilkinson 17,18 was born in 1810 in North Carolina17,18 and died after 1888 in Anderson County, Texas.
+ 11 F v. Flora Wilkinson 19 was born on 8 Jun 1808 in North Carolina and died on 12 Sep 1857 in Anderson County, Texas at age 49.